The JM Team has the program for you, the best guarantee training, and coaching will guide you to the path of success
The program “Certified Commercial Practitioner, CCP”. Over 500 agents graduated from it and approved by the DBPR Florida for 8 CE units.
The program was also developed in Spanish as “Programa de Certificación Comercial, PCC”, and was widely taught in Latin America. As of today, we have over 1,000 graduates from the program.
Financial Analysis Dates:
Presence and Prospecting Date:
Estimating Value Date:
The program was born back in 2014, when the RE/MAX New York Region wanted to implement commercial training for the residential agents and ask JM Padron to prepare a program in six (6) modules to be presented. At the time JM Padron was a very successful Commercial Real Estate Broker in South Florida, also handling the training and education for his agents. Mr. Padron realized at that time there was a missing link, between starting from scratch in commercial real estate and going for a CCIM, SIOR or MRICS designation, therefore Mr. Padron designed and implemented all the material introducing the important concepts associated with actual real practice transactions.
The program in modules was well accepted, however, the time to be able to grab the six modules was too lengthy, therefore we shrank the program in a four-day class, 3-1/2 days of teaching and ½ day for the final exam. At the time, the program was 100% presential.
Section 1. Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
Section 2. The Ownership of Commercial Real Estate
Section 3. Financial Concepts and Use of the Financial Calculator
Section 4. Financing Commercial Property
Section 5. Estimating Value of Commercial Property
Section 6. Working with Sellers/Landlords
Section 7. Working with Buyers/Tenants
Section 8. How to List and Sale/Lease Commercial Property
Section 9. Commercial Leasing
Section 10. Due Diligence
Course Learning Objectives
At the conclusion of the program, you will be able to:
- List and describe the different types of commercial properties.
- Identify areas of specialization within the commercial real estate practice.
- Identify sub-categories of Commercial Real Estate
- Understand the concept of “On Going Business” or business opportunities.
- Understand the concept of ownership of Commercial Real Estate.
- Learn the benefits of Investing in Real Estate: Escalation of Rents, Appreciation, and Amortization.
- Learn how to use the financial calculator, perform practical exercises with the use of the financial calculator.
- Understand the financial concepts of Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return.
- Learn how to set up cash flow tables to perform financial analysis.
- Understand and learn a real-world case study, perform the financial calculation, and analyze the results.
- Learn and calculate a discount rate, an internal rate of return and capitalization rates.
- Learn how to calculate capitalization rates.
- Understand the principle of “Highest and Best Use”.
- Understand the concept of vacancy and perform exercises related.
- Understand the concept of absorption and perform exercises related.
- Learn the three approaches to estimate value of commercial real estate.
- Learn to perform CAP rates calculations.
- Learn to perform and valuate cash flow analysis and cost reposition analysis.
- Learn and understand the commercial financing process.
- Understand the different aspects involved when working with Sellers/Landlords regarding the services provided and the representations.
- Understand the different aspects involved when working Buyers/Tenants regarding the services provided and the representations.
- Identify consulting services that can be provided to clients.
- Learn how to list and sell/lease commercial property.
- Understand the different steps to be successful in obtaining exclusive representations.
- Learn the Investigation process for both the property and the client.
- Identify the different steps for the preparation stage.
- Learn how to conduct the preliminary interview.
- Learn how to get the exclusive commercial listing.
- Learn the different commercial leasing opportunities.
- Understand the concepts of exclusivity and use.
- Understand and learn how to valuate commercial leases.
- Understand the concept of “Site Criteria”.
- Perform a financial analysis on commercial leases.
- Learn the due diligence process as applied to different transactions.
- Understand the Environmental Analysis and its legal implications.
This program will drive you thru the concepts and exercises to a clear understanding of the commercial real estate practice.
If you are already a Broker or licensed Salesperson, you know for a fact that you can transact different property types: Condos, Single Family Homes, Luxury and Duplexes. Some agents sell/lease them all; and some others specialize in a particular type, such as the Luxury Market. The real estate license allows agents legally practice commercial real estate even though they do not possess the competency. However, the National Association of Realtors (NAR) code of ethics, presents very clear in Article 11:
“The services which REALTORS® provide to their clients and customers shall conform to the standards of practice and competence which are reasonably expected in the specific real estate disciplines in which they engage; specifically, residential real estate brokerage, real estate property management, commercial and industrial real estate brokerage, land brokerage, real estate appraisal, real estate counseling, real estate syndication, real estate auction, and international real estate. REALTORS® shall not undertake to provide specialized professional services concerning a type of property or service that is outside their field of competence unless they engage the assistance of one who is competent on such types of property or service, or unless the facts are fully disclosed to the client. Any persons engaged to provide such assistance shall be so identified to the client and their contribution to the assignment should be set forth.”
Therefore, a real estate license must acquire the competence or engage the assistance of one who is competent in the commercial real estate field or must disclosed the client that the commercial real estate practice is outside their scope of business. This program will drive you thru the concepts and exercises to a clear understanding of the commercial real estate practice.